May 13, 2020
Dear Christ Community family,
We’re excited to begin gathering again for Sunday worship! New guidelines, beginning May 11, for places of worship were given by Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH). In light of this, we will progressively reopen our Sunday gatherings according to these guidelines. Please see the following link for detailed guidelines for places of worship: https://alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19/assets/cov-sah-worship.pdf. We are still prayerfully working through all of the details, but we wanted to let you know the direction we are heading. Below is a brief summary of our reopen.
* Because of our desire to ensure a safe gathering space, we will limit our services on May 17 and May 24th to a small designated group who will test run our gathering practices so that helpful changes will be implemented.
* Our plan is to open our Sunday worship service church-wide on May 31st. However, with the distancing guidelines, there will be limited seating. As a result, not all of us can return at once. We’ve yet to determine the best procedure for handling this. We will be in communication once we have established what will be most effective.
* We will continue to make available our live stream worship service. The best way to access our live service is to go directly to our Youtube Channel (search: ccchelena on Youtube). The live stream will be available beginning at 10:25 AM on Sunday mornings. Please hit the "subscribe button," so it will be easy to find the next Sunday. You can also go to our website and click on the “Youtube” link.
* The safety of our children and caregivers is important to us. As a result, there will be no childcare during May and June. We will reevaluate providing childcare in July. You are welcome to bring your children into the worship service. A diaper changing room will be available in room C-101 during Sunday worship. If any member of your family is sick, we ask that all of you remain home and watch our livestream service.
* After our leadership group meets on May 17 and May 24, we will provide a more detailed explanation of what our Sunday worship experience will be moving forward. Because we deeply love our church and long for the gospel to change lives, our desire is to provide a safe environment for our members and for new guests who decide to attend our Sunday services. We are grateful for your understanding and patience with us as we navigate these uncharted waters.
We have missed worshipping together with our church family. We look forward to reuniting with you more and more as time goes by!
Grace and peace,