Read below for regular updates to our COVID-19 policies and plans. Check back often, as our procedures change to meet state and local regulations.
Last updated Sept 2021
FALL 2021 COVID UPDATE
Dear church family,
We continue to offer online worship for those with COVID health concerns as well as in-person worship at 10:30am each Sunday. Our gatherings, both on Sunday and throughout the week, are mask optional.
Weekly cleaning and sanitizing continues to ensure, as far as possible, a safe and healthy place to gather.
Our Sunday teaching emphasis this fall is “Unity” as we study through 1 Corinthians together. The gospel gives us a basis for unity in a time where much is divisive. Please join us online or in-person as we grow together!
Grace and peace,
SPRING 2021 Worship Update
Dear church family,
You’ve done so well through a very challenging year concerning COVID. I thank the Lord that this has not been a divisive issue in our church family!
We will continue our two services for the time being along with the 11AM livestream. Our 9am service will continue to be mask only. Our 11am service will be mask optional with nursery available.
Last Sunday was a fantastic outdoor gathering and picnic time together! We began our 8 week teaching series through Colossians with a focus on the surpassing worth of Jesus. Please join in on our church-wide Bible study emphasis with this RESOURCE. We’ll have some copies and pens available this Sunday.
Grace to you!
NOVEMBER 2020 UPDATE
Our staff are continuing to monitor state and local regulations. For now, we are still offering two worship times on Sundays: 9am and 11am. Nursery is available for children ages 0 - 3 years at the 11am service time only. Go to our Events page to read about these worship times and find links to video streaming of our 11am worship service.
We are moving ahead with our annual Operation Christmas Stocking. We are also planning for Advent and planning some changes to our annual Christmas Eve candlelight worship service. Click on links to read about those changes and plans.
We are continuing to practice Communion together on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month using touchless, disposable communion cups/wafers.
To read more about our safety measures, please scroll down. All policies are still in place unless stated otherwise.
Update from 09/10/20
SEPTEMBER 2020 UPDATE
We are now offering a lawn chair worship service (outdoor worship) for Fall 2020. This service will be at 9am Sunday mornings. Read our blog about this service for all the details.
Also, we now offer nursery care for newborns to age 3 on Sundays during the 11am worship service only. No nursery/childcare will be provided at the 9am service. Read here for more info.
Read our August 2020 update about changes to Sunday morning plans
GENERAL INFO - June 2020 (this is "June 2020 Regathering Plan")
- We will have two Sunday morning worship services (9:00am and 11:00am).
- We strongly suggest anyone with health risks or over the age of 65 remain at home and join our livestream (YouTube or Facebook).
- We will livestream our 11:00am service only.
- If you have chosen to worship online because of concerns, we ask that you continue with that decision until further guidance is given at the end of June.
- We will evaluate our regathering plan at the end of this summer and provide further instruction.
- We have spaced chairs to meet the 6-foot spacing guideline.
- The facility will be sanitized before and after the service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter the worship area.
- Face masks are required*.
- Please ensure that there are 2 seats between families.
- Upon arrival, please go inside and find a seat at the farthest point on the row.
- After the service concludes, we will dismiss in sections to encourage social distancing.
- Please do not gather in the lobby but go to the parking lot or grassy area where you may greet one another as you feel comfortable. Please do not stand outside the front doors.
*As of July 2020, the Governor Kay Ivey has required all persons in public in the state of Alabama to wear a mask in indoor public areas. In order to fully comply, we ask all persons entering our live worship to wear a mask. Complimentary masks are available.
PARENTS WITH CHILDREN
- There will be no childcare during the service until further notice.**
- Children need to remain with their parents at all times.
- The children's wing and discipleship wing will not be in use at this time.
- A diaper changing station is in the women's restroom.
** Nursery services during the 11:00am service will be available for ages 0 - 3 years, beginning in September.
PERSONAL HEALTH CHECKLIST
Please remember that if you or ANYONE in your family has experienced any of these symptoms, we request that you remain at home and watch our livestream service:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you experienced vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?